What’s better than reading books? Talking to people about reading books!
We hope you enjoyed reading A Chair for My Mother with kids around the world this month. Here are some questions to spark discussion at your BIG WORLD Book Club meeting. Feel free to post your thoughts to our BIG WORLD Book Club Facebook group .
- What did you like about this book?
- How are you like the girl, and how are you different?
- The girl helps her mom at work. Have you ever helped your mom or dad with their work? If so, what did you do?
- This family saves their money to buy a soft chair. What would you like to save up your money to buy? How long do you think it would take?
- The girl’s home is destroyed in a fire. Have you ever been affected by a fire or other disaster? What happened?
- The girl and her family have to start their lives over in a new house after the fire. Describe a time when you had to start over–maybe after a move, a divorce, a mistake, a birth, a death, a fight.
- What would you say is a message or lesson from this book? How could you use it in your life?
For Your Information: BIG WORLD Book Club is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This means that when you buy an Amazon product through this website, we earn a small amount of money without any increased cost to you. Thanks in advance for supporting us through this program.